Re: Acronyms

Adriano Ortile wrote:

> For all nice people who want answer me.
> I make any effort to understand and improve my English;

Your objectives are admirable but I'm not sure learning Internet jargon
will help you do that. However, if you insist, you may want to check
out

	http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html

It's a free online dictionary of computereze.

Also, if you do an Altavista search on 'Internet Jargon', you will get
many hits to tickle your jargon fancy for fancy jargon.

> I know that my
> possibilities about that are not so big, mainly due to my brain, which is
> full and has no more space to accommodate new things.

Nah! Don't worry. The new stuff just pushes the old stuff out.
Learning new stuff is predicated on how much old stuff you want to
forget. :-)

> But probably you can
> help me in understanding what the following acronyms mean:
> 1.   OTDH

Did you, perhaps, mean OTOH -- On the other hand?

> 2.   IMO

In my opinion. Also, you will see IMHO -- In my humble opinion.

IMHO you meant OTOH in 1 rather than OTDH. AFAIK, there is no OTDH.
OTOH, there could be one and I just couldn't find it. (See how my
English has improved since I started using jargon. :-) )

> 3.   aka

Also known as.

> 4.   HTH

Hope that helps. (Overloaded sincere variant--clever how that worked out
huh?)

L Anderson