PC 82

Manuel Castelao:
> Any way to include the PC82 code as a
> successful default setting?

Try to add the command you need (the part of PC 82 that follows the comma)
on the FB (File Begin) line AFTER ANY COMMAND THAT RESET THE PRINTER. Be
sure to respect the postscript syntax to concatenate commands.
Do the same on the commands for portrait and landscape, which can reset
your printer to the unwanted default. Finally, check (and eventually
modify) the FA settings to reflect (accept) the new situation.
Note: I look at my post-hp4.prn file, but I'd not see any PC 82 setting
(the first setting is for PC 81, the second jumps to PC 120).

On my HP IIIP printer (PCL, not postscript) I had a similar problem, that I
solved this way:
1.	FB modified as follows: sequences to set both top and left margin to the
smallest values supported by the printer added at the end of the FB
existing string;
2.	PC 140 & PC 141 (Portrait & Landscape orientation): same modifications
as for FB.
3.	NA (Not allowed print area) modified to reflect the new margins.
These modification work well on my printer.

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx