Print Drivers

Folks:

After many years, my HP-IIP laser printer has ground to a halt and must be
replaced. Which raises the question of print drivers.

I am informed that the newer HP lasers, the 1100 series, do not use the
print drivers that worked so well with HP-II through at least IV, those
included in my DOS-based Xywrite 3.57.

I wish to continue using Xywrite, even though I just purchased Nota Bene
for Windows. I do no programming and would be afraid to start for fear I
would screw up a marvelous set-up that has served me so well since 1987.

Can anyone advise?

Helpless in Santa Monica,

Ed Cray