Re: Broken Packets

Carl wrote:
So the answer, for Harry, is to insist that his subscribers add hard line wraps to their text. Any decent mail program can be set to do it automatically. U2's PUTCR does it in XyWrite without need to load a special PRiNter file. Just set your margins to the desired line length.
Thanks Carl, you solved the problem. But this is not for my own list; I
subscribe to a news and commentary service run by another Objectivist, and
it's his over-long paragraphs that created the problem. Now he'll be able
to correct it.
For my own list, my XPL program fixes line lengths by putting in
then calling PUTCR, then removing the . An interesting wrinkle is
when a long URL is in the text; there shouldn't be a break in it. So before
doing the PUTCR, I have a loop to hide URLs during the PUTCR process. I
hide them by making them into labels , then I do a CI to delete
each label's "".

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx