Non-XyW: WD-40 & counterparts (was: re Northgate keyboards)

Since WD-40 has been mentioned, can anyone advise on the brand name of a
comparable lubricant which, unlike WD-40, isn't oil-based and leaves no
black residue?

I used such a lubricant (presumably silicon-based) briefly when I last
lived in the USA, but since I re-emigrated to England I haven't been able
to find it. In the present debased state of the retail trade, it's hard to
find a hardware store (quondam ironmonger's, a term which my younger
neighbors think positively Dickensian) where anyone knows much about what
they sell. The staff at the few exceptions tend to say "Yes, we've heard
that such a product exists; in fact, we'd be happy to stock it if we could.
But unless you know its name, we can't set about trying to order it."

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

e-mail: EricVT@xxxxxxxx