Re: printer file

At 11/21/00 09:33 AM -0800, Jordan wrote:

Michael Norman wrote:
This sounds like it could well be a "Win-printer", that is, a lower-end printer
with no "brain" chip or memory of it's own, which dumps all work off to the
computer itself...The assumption, of course, is that everyone these days uses Win, the price of these models is much less (but you pay for it in other ways), and few users will know the difference or care. But it is bad news for those who do not use Win, or who run multiple operating systems.

Indeed, Jordon, such was the case, as I just posted. To be wed to XyDos --
and I am -- is to be part of the world of work-arounds. That's why this list is vital. I never thought to check to make sure the printer supported DOS (I have a teenage son I can swap with). But clearly XyDos users need to plan carefully before they buy both hardware and software.