Re: printer file

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Michael Norman wrote:

> At 11/21/00 09:33 AM -0800, Jordan wrote:
>
> Indeed, Jordon, such was the case, as I just posted. To be wed to
> XyDos -- and I am -- is to be part of the world of
> work-arounds. That's why this list is vital. I never thought to check
> to make sure the printer supported DOS (I have a teenage son I can
> swap with). But clearly XyDos users need to plan carefully before they
> buy both hardware and software.

There are also lots of used workhorses around of the HP3 or 4 (ML, L,
etc) that function perfectly with Xy and NB. Scour the ads posted on
yours or the nearest campus, or online.

If you really want the color, you'll have to check the box to be sure
the printer works with DOS. Also, I suspect that any printer that says
it supports both Windows and Macintosh will lack the crippled feature
that would keep it from working with DOS, even if DOS isn't mentioned.

Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."