Re: BX flatulence (was: 'BX dangers'

Reply to note from Leslie Bialler  Mon, 15 Dec
97 17:02:45 +0000

-> Hmm and hmm . . . Seems to me that one trouble I had with it
-> dealt with wildcard search and replaces, but I can't remember
-> the specific details any more. Went back to BC/XC though and
-> the thing ran just fine. What's the difference? The simple fact
-> is there are some things that BX Q2 won't do, and since it
-> won't, why bother? I'm not employed to demonstrate my
-> knowledge of every arcane feature of XyWrite but to do my job
-> efficiently. BC/XC works fine. It ain't broke, and I ain't
-> fixin' it.

Last time I checked, none of us is paid to participate in this list.
We do it to help ourselves and be helpful to others if we can.

The "difference" is that if the problem is ancillary, like the
refresh anomaly discussed here the other day, as opposed to
essential and truly crippling, there may well be a simple workaround
that's worth implementing in order to preserve the advantages of BX.
Those include not only speed but, pre-eminently, the ability to
execute commands without destroying the CMline.

Absent a single verifiable example, I see no fact, simple or
otherwise, in your assertion that BX is broken. If it's broken,
tell us how, so we can act constructively on the information!

Otherwise, better to save bandwidth and keep mum. Of what moment is
it to us that you prefer to blank the command line every time?

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/