Re: SPELL CK PROB

Dear Sysop: I read with interest your reply (msg 3376) to Harry Binswanger
regarding his "I:i" replacement problem. You "tried" this and that, but you
weren't able to "come up" with an "acceptable solution"! You sound just as
bewildered as Harry: "Sorry I couldn't help if you have any suggestions I'd be
glad to try them. Sysop..." Well, excuse me, but this _is_ the XyQuest BBS,
isn't it? You're not just a user like the rest of us, are you?

Why not _find out_ why it doesn't work? Why not dip into the bloody code and
_fix_ it! Or, if you don't _understand_ the code, then let's have a (Co-)Sysop
programmer who does, someone competent to recognize such problems and take
remedial action. That's the reason we call you, that's the reason we subscribe
to this thing! It seems to me that there ought to be some acceptance of
responsibility at XyQuest to fix things, duly reported, that don't work -- and
pronto -- otherwise we're just scribbling on running water. Whereas I get the
strong feeling that there's virtually no communication between us, the
management, the marketers, and especially the coders. Does anyone there apart
from yourself actually read the message base? I'll bet not. This isn't just a
rhetorical query.