Re: SPELL CK PROB

Harry: A kludge solution to your "I:i" problem with SPELL is to use a
three-byte "i" as the replacement character in PERS.SPL, i.e. "I
{Ascii-255}69". SPELL will recognize it and change it. The relevant line in
PERS.SPL will *look* like:

I i

Sent to the printer, this three-byte "i" will transform into a one-byte "i";
viewed on-screen _within XyWrite_ it will look like an "i"; but in the disk
file or ported to other programs, it will be a meaningless three-byte sequence.
If that's a drawback, you could do a quick search-and-replace after the SPELL
routine to fix things up, e.g.:

(in a PM):    TF BC cia |{three-byte-Ascii-255}69|i|XC (keyed command):
cia |{Alt-Ctrl-2-5-5}{BackDelete}{BackDelete}69|i|

Or alternatively, before running SPELL, just change "I:i" with routine "wild"
in OODLES.LIB (a.k.a. WILDCIA.PM -- this permits "CIA"-type changes that
preserve wildcards on _both_ sides of the search:replace equation). Your
command (prompted and entered within routine "wild") would be:

cia |I{Wild-Separator}|i{Wild-Separator}|

Hope this helps.