Re: NB Win availability

Fred Powledge wrote:

> I so far have been unable to import Word 8 files (though NB claims
> to have a filter for this). There is no filter for Rich Text that I
> can find. When I save Word 8 files as Word 6, NB still won't import
> them (stack overflow, etc.). Similar when I convert the Word files
> to text. This is a major drawback for me, since much of my work is
> done for international organizations that have standardized on Word.

The import filters only work on files created by Word with Fast Save
turned off (under Tools, Options, Save). Actually, there are all kinds
of problems that you can encounter when Fast Save is in effect,
according to colleagues who continue to use that infernal product.
Bill
--
William H. TeBrake
Department of History			E-Mail: tebrake@xxxxxxxx