Re: Poqet, Win CE handhelds and XYwrite

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:52:49 0100 (BST)
04h38m22s ago ...

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:14:27 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Say wrote: > Has anyone any experience with XyDos in a Win Ce > handheld using this emulator? No but I run XyWrite III Plus on an HP200LX Palmtop. Runs brilliantly. Just need B-W.PRN with DD=119 added. The HP200LX has been around since about 1990 and is still being made by HP (rumour has it production will stop this November though). It is a full featured DOS computer with 80186 chip & CGA screen. > More than a personal digital assistant, the > "H/PC is a full featured computer with a miniature footprint. This is an overstatement as the Wince machines ***need*** a Win95 desktop to be even vaguely full featured. The marketing hype surrounding these machines is unbelievable! In fact they seem to be 50% hype (just a guess). If you can, test-drive before you buy - as far as I have heard the DOS emulator is functional, but slow. Regards, Tony