Re: new U2

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Thu, 19 Feb 2004
22:17:24 -0500

> 1. CLIPW32.ZIP: I get an error message about files it can't extract with
> PKZIP.

Use the -d switch, e.g. PKUNZIP -d CLIPW32.ZIP
Preserves internal directory structure of the ZIP (which you can see with the
-v switch)

Maybe you have an old PKUNZIP? I attach shareware v2.50 to this msg. Works
perfectly. Better yet, use Info-ZIP's UNZIP. Much better tool.

> 2. STACK: In Xywwweb.reg, there are two places that it asks for how I
> define the CU and CD functions for stack. In the first, [Stack] I put:

The REG file that accompanies v116 only has one section. It should look like
this (for you):

[Stack]
Max_Stack_Commands=150 <== 150 carries less risk of OOM
Up_Funcs=GT LD
Down_Funcs=LU
OO|OX=

Delete the other section (the one with "CU/CD_Funcs")

> 4. Sorry if you've already typed an answer to my earlier query, but do I
> take STACK stuff out of Xy4.dlg?

You can if you want. Or not. What's important is that you insert in DLG the
frame that redirects calls to $S and $E to U2. You'll find that frame in
XYWWWEB.INF, at Help frame {Stack}. Insert it near the *top* of DLG (*above*
the Stack code if you don't choose to remove it -- I wouldn't remove it until
you get the U2 version up and running satisfactorily). The last thing you have
to do is put a command to initialize stack in STARTUP.INT. You probably
already have one:
 JM stack.intQ2 ;*;
Change that to:
 JM 2.stack.intQ2 ;*;
And _after_ that, you may want to reload the Stack that you auto-saved when you
last shut XyWrite down:
 JM 2.stackauxQ2 ;*;
And then after that add the critical commands that you always want to have in
the Stack (and position them at the *top* of the Stack), using the S/G 627
Macro Loader, e.g.:
 $S ;*;
 $S ;*;
 $S ;*;

> 3. README.1ST: I don't know how to deal with the links stuff: LinkFrame,
> LinkView, etc. I can't click on them or execute them with the helpkey in
> any obvious way.

Example: CAll README.1ST into a window. *Clear* the CMline (empty!). Put
your cursor on top of the phrase "Help for Help" on the first page. Hit your
. Wanna return where you came from? Hit Alt-B (probably).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx