From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Troop
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:05 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: PS/2 keyboards and modern computers

Dorothy Parker is said to have answered the phone with 'What fresh Hell is this?' and I have a similar feeling as I struggle with my lovely IBM M keyboard kindly supplied by Paul. I had naively thought all I needed to make it work was a PS/2 to USB connector. Now, having tried that out, I understand that I actually need an intelligent PS/2 to USB converter. Some additional intelligence is needed, that the converter supplies. Can anyone recommend a reliable product? A product made by Startech seems to be widely used, though it is not straightforward to distinguish between a model that just does a straightforward connect and one that has the additional intelligence required to make it work with contemporary USB.