Pseudo-bug

Tim Baehr and others:

A few days ago I reported that the ENHANCE package would not
work if its custom keyboard were not loaded. The problem, it
turned out, was not due to not loading it, but to loading my own
heavily customized keyboard. The root cause was competition
between two sages.

What knocked the various functions out was that I had Bob
Holmgren's STACK program in my keyboard, and of course activated
every time I used ESC or F9 to send a command. I have taken it
out for the moment, and have had no further trouble. I also
realize I no longer need the program, since the Reopen function
in ENHANCE makes up for the failing in XYDOS 4's built-in stack,
namely ignoring CALL commands.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania