Re: Colour printing

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 4 May 1998 10:55:36 +0900 (JST)

> >You use the DY command. You can
> >get to choices through the menus: Format - Type Style - Color.
> >Additionally, you need to make sure that IMage mode printing is OFF
> >(=0)! Load an HPDJ printer driver, e.g. HPDJ560C.PRN. Works very
> >well under OS/2.

> Ah. Maybe that is the problem. I use DOS and Win 3.1 (Doze 95 is installed
> on another machine, but only for observation purposes).
> In Win 3.1, I don't seem to see the above menu choices. Am I out of luck?
> The XY command "dy" seemed like such an elegant solution. Sigh...

Those are XyWrite menus and printer drivers that I'm talking about, not Win3.1.
Forget Windows and forget H-P, they're talking Win95; just use DOS, load one of
the XyQuest-supplied PRN drivers, and you're off. I doubt that you need anything
else. Above all, don't give up! Color is a nice fillip, esp. for kids (if you
have any).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx