Re: Some sort of joke?

Reply to note from Russell Lewis  Tue, 28
Sep 1999 00:29:17 -0400 (EDT)

-> I received the following notice that I have been removed from
-> the XyWrite list. Yet, I made no such request. ... Is this some
-> sort of prank?

Russell:

I removed you because I was getting barraged with messages from the
list processor reporting that mail sent to your address was being
rejected as undeliverable. I didn't inform you in advance because,
in my experience, when messages from the list can't get through to a
subscriber, neither can mine. Sometimes this happens because the
subscriber's mailbox is full, but more often it's due to a problem
with his or her mail server. In any event, this one seems to have
resolved itself, and I'm happy to see that you were able to
resubscribe without incident.

Ordinarily I reply privately to this sort of query, but I decided to
post this to the list for the benefit of others who may have found
themselves in the same position. It happens from time to time. If
the problem persists, I can sometimes work with your postmaster to
resolve it. Email me privately with any questions or complaints.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/