Command Override & Help

Dear SysOp: You were right. OX|OO are tangled up, somehow someway, with
problems with summoning Help. But my errors were not caused by the
{{1^^frames}} in my loaded U2 file; rather, the culprit was a simple statement,
in STARTUP.INT, intended to ensure that Command Override was OFF (even though
it had never been ON, because default=OFF):
 BX (ox);*;
 When I commented that out with:
 ;*;BX (ox)
 the Help system started to function again. Thanks for the good steer.
Suggest you move the "Custom Commands" section of the Xy4 Customization Guide
from page 1 to a floppy diskette. OX simply isn't a good idea; it never was.

 OTOH, the APAR system makes good sense, especially when the interval between
major bug-fix EXEcutables is lengthy. IBM announces that it has identified a
problem, describes it, and opens a folder on it. Workarounds are offered as
interim measures, and users really make those adjustments, with gratitude.
When the fix is written and published, the APAR is withdrawn. It would not be
a big deal to maintain a bug_status_file of some sort on this BBS. Or so it
seems to me.