Re: error beep in Win95

At 09:22 PM 10/28/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Have just installed xy3 (3.55) to a pentium machine running windows95
>It is configured to run in dos-mode. Problem: I don't get an error
>beep. I've tried various combinations of eb default at both ends of
>the spectrum - but not a peep (or a beep). The machine has a sound card
>in it but the internal speaker is still enabled. Any suggestions?

Joe: Do you get beeps thru that speaker from other pgms? If not, check
inside the beast to see if those two little wires are still connected to the
speaker and the motherboard. They can easily fall off.

If it's software, and Xy-specific, then maybe you need to set ES to 0. ES is
error silencer, so 0 means no error silencing.

Also the EB is really a funny animal. It *doesn't* seem to work at *either*
extreme of the spectrum. Try: d eb=2000,400.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx