Re: Unix and Xywrite and whatnot

≪Another thing I do like about Windows more than the MacOS is the sticky
menus. That is, when you click on a Windows menu at the top, it drops
down
and stays open. I think it makes mousing around easier. ≫

The primary reason I gave up the Macintosh was that it *requires* you to
use the mouse. (I use the mouse maybe once a week, if I can't avoid it.)
In Windows, at least I can do *everything*, in the menus and otherwise,
by using the alt-key menu accelerators and other shortcuts. This, for me,
is almost as good as a command line.

≪ I understand
that many new computer users don't even know what a command line is. As
Harmon suggested, I suspect it's actually out there somewhere, buried in
the arcana of the mac system...but just not worth the bother. ≫

No, I really don't think there is a command line in the Mac system. You
have to install your own command shell (you can probably find these for
free on the internet). Last time I checked (System 7.5.3), there was also
no built in utility to create keyboard shortcuts.

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx