Re: Unix and Xywrite and whatnot

HS:

>    Oh yeah, you know how XY4 won't go into graphics view in a OS/2
>window? You have to switch to fullscreen first? Well, running XY4 under
>straight DOS in VPC, it goes into graphics view no problem in a window.

NY resolution: Get an i-Mac for the Kiddos, for Japanese, and for
experimenting with XY4.

>Pretty neat. And so far I haven't found any keystroke problems --- and
>you can do DO whatever, just as well as you can in DOS. In fact, you are
>in DOS, whatever DOS you prefer (I prefer Caldera's DRDOS, it's free and
>open source code and the best mem management).

This part I don't understand. When you run an emulated DOS, are you not
stuck with that DOS? Doesn't the Virtual PC object if you replace its
simulated command.com?

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the -if he-
--if 'is' means is and never has been that is not -- that is one thing.
--If it means there is none, that was...true." Bill Clinton, 8/17/98