Old Msg.

RH| "SVGA is vapour, in my book -- different things to different apps, RH| and
you're never getting 100% of what's advertised. 8514A is a good RH| standard,
XGA is a better standard, and I don't know what's above RH| that. You want
1024x768 *delivered*, not just promised. 800x600 RH| is passable. You want
color, obviously."

Hi, Robt., good to hear from you again (though you seemed to diappear again, a
couple months ago in the msg. stream, so I can't be too sure if or when you'll
see this). Do you have any *specific* recommenda- tions, in re a card and
monitor combo that fits your spec.s ? To add my own spec.s, the card would
have to offer very good backwards com- patibility with the other video
standards, via (controllable) auto- switching, or whatever. And I'm extremely
demanding when it comes to flicker / refresh rate: there is very little I've
seen that strikes me as offering a rock solid image you can look at for hours,
without fatigue. (I'm not all that current re what's on the market now. Had
planned to take a look at the Nanao and Mag 17 inchers.) Also -- and I know
you are attuned to this issue as well -- the monitor should meet the tougher
Swedish emission standards. While we're at it, a smaller form factor (for
that size) is a plus. Feel free to leave a private msg.