Re: Xy4 Conversion Filters

Thanks, that's good to know. Are they still at the same address? Do you by
any chance have a phone # (preferably 800-)? One format I bet they don't
support is the Leading Edge Word Proc. Talk about your moldy oldies ! I'm
still supporting one user I taught that to (probably a mistake) some 7 or so
years ago. Totally proprietary file format, impervious to DOS or any other
software. (Well, you can peek inside a file with Norton's NU or XTREE GOLD,
but it's mostly gibberish surrounded by a lot of wasted blank space.) If a
.DOC file gets messed up, even a little -- which ain't that hard to do --
you're locked out of it forever. But it did pack much of the power of a
MultiMate into the ease of learning / ease of use of an early PFS WRITE, which
made it ideal for computer-phobes who couldn't face any- thing much more
complicated than a typewriter. And it did export ASCII files. The Co. went
out of the software biz years ago. So, we're gettin' down to generic printer
drivers and stuff on that one. Makes you appreciate something like XY all the
more.