Re: Installing XyWin; programming puzzle

** Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  on Fri,
20 Sep 2002 10:50:46 -0400

> When I do SE e:*.ced /century/
> I can see each instance, and open a file when I see one that's wrong. But
> after I've fixed that file, how can I make the next search skip the files
> I've already looked at and fixed?

I always hated that. So I fixed it. You're using the native SEarch
command? Use the one in U2 instead. It has a switch, /NV, that
resumes searching where you left off. Command HELP SE* for
the usage syntax. IIRC, on first use you'd command:
 se e:*.ced /century/
whereas on all subsequent uses command:
 se /nv e:*.ced /century/
It will resume with the next file in the mask.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx