Re: OM Variable

Michel, you can use the Lexam files as long as you wish. We however have a
contract with IBM which runs out soon and cannot provide these dictionaries
after that point. As far as foreign dictionaries and the future of our
products, I cannot inform you as to the strategy, as I do not become involved
in these decisions. As I mentioned, you can use the foreign Lexam dictionaries
indefinitely, but as for our support of foreign dictionaries in XyWrite for
Windows, we do not have that support at the current time and Lexam files cannot
be used under this program. This does not indicate that we are closed to the
option of adding foreign dictionary support. The internal code in the
executable is in tact, however, marketing arrangements would be required with
third-party vendors.

If you currently have any problems concerning use of FRANCAIS.DIC, please
provide me the details of each problem and I will investigate them for you. I
agree with your last point about major processors and their support of foreign
dictionaries, but please remember, our overall organization size has been
reduced significantly this past year. We are not able to attend to some of the
issues which were once attended to immediately. At this point we must
prioritize various issues and ensure that major bugs are addressed first and
that we strive to provide quality support to our customers. If we had the
resources to include support of such features, my belief is that we would have
already. I would recommend however that you contact our Marketing Department in
Baltimore with this suggestion. I have already forwarded my recommendation. You
can reach Marketing at 410-576-2040, or fax at 410-576-1968.

Regards, SysOp