XyWrite Windows

I Know you haven't had time to respond to my previous message yet, but I now
have another question. Is there any way to change the scale on the ruler so
that when in draft mode, an 80 character line (assuming 12 pt fixed pitch)
occupies an indicated 8 inches on the ruler the way it did in XyWrite 4? If
this is not practical, can I at least turn on a column position indicator on
the ruler like in XyWrite dos?

By the way, I tried loading XyWrite windows on a different computer (no, I
won't be using it there regularly) to see if the bugs I have seen here are
different there. This time it gave several "bursts" of protection errors while
Clicking OK on each allowed the program to finish startup, and then everthing
worked all right. I only had time to try this once.

                   Thanks, Mike