Re: standalone defrag for W98 ?

When at the W98 PC, run up a command prompt and type defrag /? and take note of
any switches that may be relevant to your situation.
Also while at the command prompt, type scandisk /? and again take note of
relevant switches.
Then write a BATch file and save it to the root of C: drive.
In the batchfile put the command for the scandisk (with switches) before the
defrag command.
Start the PC in DOS mode and run the batch file. (a couple of times if you wish)
This allows the regular user of the PC to do this as well if required without
your expertise.

Marc

Quoting "J. R. Fox" :