Re: fonts and kbds

Nathan S:
>I don't understand Harry B's statement that "the manuals for
>XY4 don't tell you what the actual functions are, only
>*their* keystrokes, so to find out how to use some new
>function." The _XyWrite 4 Customization Guide_ contains
>self-explanatory lists of function calls by category (p. 65)
>and, with details, alphabetically (p. 68). The XyWin
>_Reference Guide_ provides corresponding information in the
>same detail.

The user reads in the Command Reference Guide about some feature he'd
like to use, say a simple one would be the Thesaurus. All it tells you
is that it is Shift F7. If he should think to then pick up the
Customization Guide, and turn to p. 65-77, where does he find
Thesaurus? It ain't under the T's. Of course all experienced XyWriters
know that it is SY, but the original question was from someone
unfamiliar with 4's features, so he wouldn't know the function names
that are specific to Xy4--e.g., WZ for "graphics view."

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx