Re: will doxbox work with mac?

Jordan,

≪I could grant you much of that, but I can't help being skeptical
whenever Mac users tell me there's nothing to fix, because things
don't ever go wrong with a Mac ! Probably even more so now -- with
OS/X being largely Unix under the hood -- if the typical Mac user
encounters some serious problem, they'd have to call in a Mac guru,
just as most PC users may need to summon help.≫
Mac's not perfect. Nothing ever is. But when things to do go wrong, their tech support is better than Microsoft's. For one thing, a human answers the phone and addresses me by name.
Mac's move to a Unix-based kernel was good; it's a professional,
industrial-strength OS, and they are not alone (for example, Cisco,
which has 80% market share in network devices worldwide, is also
Unix-based). Unix is very robust and well-documented, though, I grant,
overpowered and too bitsy-bytsey for most home users. And that's the
crux, isn't it?
I liken Windows to the socket wrench you get at Walmart for $3.95. It's
adequate for most home-hobby jobs, but it wouldn't last a week in a Jeep
 dealer's workshop. If you compare only one Walmart wrench with one
Snap-On wrench, you'll think Snap-On's overpriced. Until the cheap one
breaks. Then you'll wish you'd spent the extra money on a good wrench in
the first place instead of spending the extra money on a replacement
later. For those of us who make a living with our computers, the cost
amortizes over time, not only at the cash register.