Re: Re compatible older laptops

I've ruled out Toshiba because, despite their attractive specifications,
they only have alt- and ctrl- keys on the left side, which makes it almost
impossible to use the left-hand hot keys. I *still* can't figure out how
they expect you to save a Windows file with Ctrl-S.

Norman

At 11:07 AM 11/25/03 -0500, Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

>Anyone have any experience, good, bad, or indifferent, with HP, Toshiba,
>Sony, or WinBook laptops running Xy? I've had good luck with Compaq, and
>we know from Robert that IBMs work, and I know that I don't want a Dell,
>despite their low price. Sharp screens in a DOS box (I have the Sieber
>fonts) are essential, as I'm very nearsighted. This will be a refurb, so
>experience from a few years back is fine.
>Patricia

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019