[Date Prev][Date Next][Subject Prev][Subject Next][ Date Index][ Subject Index]

Re: Hang This (Wikipedia entry on XyWrite)

What you're referring to, Bill, is called a "Hang". In ye old electronic
typesetting language it would be implemented with a "hang here" command
, and would be active until no longer needed, then an  would
cancel it.

I'm guessing that a hang is somewhat tricky to institute as I've only
seen them in composition "engines", as opposed to fancy typewriters like
I don't follow what the problem here is.  does operate from "here"
on. And you cancel it by setting another value for . So what's the

Harry Binswanger