thanks

Robert,

Glad you like the "Original" Roget's. I should have thanked you for the help
with the on-line thesaurus. Collected the files and am about to leave for a
week, but when I return I'll expand them and try to set up the Crowell's and
get it working. Meanwhile you and C. Distefano make the xylist required
reading. Very generous of you folks to devote so much time to solving
others' problems. I enjoy the "community" of the list and I'm beginning to
learn a bit about xpl from reading it. I think that spirit, that
interaction, says a lot about the relationship between the computer
companies and their customers, about the relationship between software and
those who use it, about the dissonance between the code writers and the
end-users. I know there are other lists for other products, but my guess is
there is something sui generis about the xylist. Interesting. Meanwhile,
again my thanks for bringing so much to the table.

Michael Norman