Re: Don't get the virus... I did

Peter Evans wrote in re Love Bug and Ms Outlook.

> Well, the damage is OS specific. But its propagation is program specific.
> (Or so I'm led to believe.)

Whatever. I have Netscape and its e-mail program. I received LOVEBUG, smelled a
rat, and deleted it. It was distributed to members of the list serve of the
University Press community. Ten seconds later, in comes another e-mail from the
same source, warning people to delete it.

And Harry lost valuable files. Perhaps he'll let us know if he uses Outlook.

May I suggest this to you all? We all have cyberfriends who seem to have nothing
to do but send "joke of the day" messages to everybody on their address books. I
propose that, even at the risk of offending them, you ask them to cease and
desist forthwith or at minimum remove your name from their book?

OK. Rant over.

On with the dance.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)