Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

That's an excellent thing!

I've never used W2k -- I went from Win 98 to XP -- and hadn't realized it was friendly to Xywrite.

It's reassuring to hear that that virtualization is relatively easy. Can you move seamlessly between your virtual W2k machine and your main OS? Does the anti-virus software on the main OS extend to your W2k virtual machine? (And how readily available is W2k if one wants to buy it new rather than used?)

Lynn Brenner

P.S. The Word ribbon horrors are still in store for me. I still use Word 2003. I write and edit everything in Xywrite and convert it to Word 2003
before filing my copy. I realize that to anyone who doesn't know Xywrite, this must sound like the equivalent of using a horse and buggy and a Model T - but in fact, it's a wonderfully fast system. I have decades' worth of my Xywrite files as well as everything in the XP universe instantly available to me. Left to my druthers I wouldn't change anything.