Re: OXY (not quite) moronic

At 03:00 AM 12/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

>OXO is a brand of gravy concentrates sold in Britain. Don't make the
>mistake I made and try to use beef-flavour Oxo cubes to make a beverage
>(unless you like drinking a hot, refreshing mug of thin gravy).
>
>Incidentally, when I was in hospital recently I was given Bovril as a
>delicious beverage, but the Bovril cubes I get in the supermarket also
>taste like gravy. Any advice on how to identify the bouillion (i.e.
>consomme) variety of Bovril?

No, not really. I've been off that stuff for some time. Wasn't there a
variety of Bovril that one scooped out of squat little jars with a teaspoon
to make a cup of Bovril tea? I sort of liked it, as I recall. Was it
consomme? Was it gravy? Dunno.

Trust you're now in good health . . .

Regards,

Robert Hemenway