Re: XY4 DOS 4.016 (it's buggy)

On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Nathan Sivin wrote:

> Many thanks for your detailed report on XY4.016 bugs. Would you
> please keep us informed if TG does anything about them? You seem to
> indicate that there are no improved features in this release, only bug
> fixes (but with more serious bugs) and a couple of improvements in the
> menu. If I am wrong, please confirm.

I am a long-time user of Xywrite 3+ who has switched to Warp and
have just subscribed to this list. I was thinking of upgrading
to XY4, but am concerned about the new bugs. Do they impair the
program for light use? At present my main word processor is
WordPerfect (I'm using WP for Windows ver 6.1) but XyWrite is
much quicker and more easily configurable. I haven't programmed
it for years, so I doubt I would start now and bugs in that area
would probably not deter me from upgrading.

Incidentally, one of WPWin's problem spots is an inconsistent and
 quirky conversion to the 5.1 DOS version of certain areas, such
as tables. Also, a number of things don't work right in Warp
under OS2, such as the spell checker.

:Jacob Green | INET:jake@xxxxxxxx | CIS :73457,3711 |
Voice:201-455-0455:
:  2 Ridgedale Avenue | P.O. Box 551 | Cedar Knolls, NJ
07927-0551  :
:   I will put pithy saying here as soon as I find the time to
   :