Re: A Real puzzler

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Xy4 as the wacky graphical mode (func WZ). I've been able to
get WZ mode to work in a window on a couple of machines, but it
doesn't succeed on any of my present computers. In fact, if I
issue func WZ, my machines mostly either toggle of their own
accord into VGA (full screen), or else the window freezes (and
the window must be toggled back into full screen to regain
control).
I don't care for the mode produced by Func WZ either, but a
while back I was able to demonstrate that one particular
(very underpowered) box of mine would let one go back into
windowed mode and keep the Graphic (WZ) mode. But none of my
or the office's other machines would.
I have also had a few underpowered boxes that wouldn't do
Func WZ at all: Xy crashed or locked up or just froze until
one hit the key to switch back to draft or formatted mode.
What is odd here is that the machine USED to do it. Have you
upgraded the BIOS? the video BIOS? Gotten a new VGA card?
upgraded a driver? Changed the RAM settings on the pif
properties page?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx