Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

Dear Lynn,

Yes, it is about time to switch. I would definitely suggest that you
install Win 7 64-bit. There is no good reason to do otherwise. Even
modern browsers need 64-bit power. And if you will virtualize
something, you will definitely need more memory than the 32-bit option
provides. If you want to go that route, install VirtualBox and W2K. This
much better that XP mode in all respects: nimbler, more responsive, and
with better backward compatibility (even some Win 3.1 programs work,
like Quark and Ventura, albeit with some limitations).

Installing vDosXy is easy, there is even a secret installer (that has
been in beta stage from May this year, when I and Carl last worked on
it). It makes the process automatic. You just provide a full Xy
installation in a folder, say C:\XY, and the installer sets up vDosXy
1.00 for you. Just click a desktop icon, and XyWrite starts. And there
is plenty of community support to back this up.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx