Re: keyboard glitch

Reply to note from Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:31:09 EST

> > so there should now be smiles all around.<
>
> There certainly are here. :-)

Pardon my sarcasm the other day, but there are no smiles here.
While you may not feel a pressing need to pinpoint the error in your
keyboard file, has it occurred to you that others here might? After
all, this isn't a mere help desk; we're here to learn something.
What's the point of airing these glitches publicly, if the
resolution stays buried somewhere in your keyboard file? Glad
you're able to work again (barely, without your accustomed
keystrokes), but what's in it for the rest of us?

And beyond this minimal functioning, what, pray tell, is the
advantage to you? You haven't traced the glitch to its source, so
you're ill-equipped to prevent its happening again, or to fix it
yourself if it does. In short, you've learned nothing, and neither
have we. Not much to smile about, as far as I'm concerned.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx