Re: W98 Question

At 12:15 PM 12/24/03 -0800, J. R. Fox wrote:

>I have a dupe of a W98-SE install disk, the original once having been
>installed on a relative's machine. (That relative moved on to W2K
>about a year ago, and lost the original W98 CD.) I thought I had the
>Product Key s/n, but I didn't.

I lost my product key s/n for Nero, and in my sniffing around on the 'net I
learned that I could find it in my registry. If Win98 works the same way,
then if you have Win98 working on a machine, you should be able to find the
s/n on that machine. That would help in many of those forseeable
circumstances in which you legitimately have to re-install Win98 but get
tripped up by copy protection.

Incidentally, my Product Key number is on my slim Microsoft Windows98
"Getting Started" manual that I got with my computer.

Norman
Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019