Re: Cleaning up html

Richard Giering wrote:

> Wouldn't it be easier to bring up a browser in local mode and access the
> HTML file, then save as in test (txt) format. This should give ONLY the
> text of the contents and none of the HTML tags.

I guess it depends what browser & version you are using. I've mainly used
NS Communicator 4.61 for OS/2, which has had several code updates along
the way (bugfixes, mostly), with no listed incrementing of the "official"
version, just a later build date. With this generation of NS, some files
supposedly
saved as Plain Text stubbornly retain their HTML tags. And some large files,
when an attempt is made to save them as TXT, can cause NS to die ugly with a
GPF.

I haven't used other versions of NS _enough_ (i.e., on other platforms), to know
if this is a more widespread problem.

Jordan