Re: XyWrite 4 and Win98 2nd Ed.

Oops, I'm not sure what happened, but I don't use Xywrite much anymore and
when I went back to recheck my solution, it proved to not be a solution -
i.e., the original long delay was there. Perhaps I was fooled by the fact
that the second time you invoke XyWrite it comes up quickly. I have
another solution, however, that seems to work -- exit McAfee Anti-virus
before you start Xyw. After XyW is running, restart McAfee. This seemed
to work. I checked it by rebooting, exiting McAfee, starting XyW,
restarting McAfee, exiting Xyw, restarting XyW. I believe, that the
problem is related to Win98 2nd. ed and McAfee, since I did not get the
same problem on a machine with Win98 1st ed. running with McAfee, nor do I
seem to get it with Win98 2nd ed. without McAfee running.

Fritz Casey-Leininger