How does XyWrite compare with Nota Bene? -Reply

Re: "Please pardon my intrusion, but I have some
questions about XyWrite.  Specifically, how does
XyWrite compare to Nota Bene . . . I am not a
subscriber so please correspond with me directly via my
email address. Thank you. Chuck Henderson,
etc."
Please copy good answers to the group though! I have
long wanted to know how the two softwares compare and
what their historical and technical (and legal) connections
are. It's a relationship that seems shrouded in mystery and
subject to conflicting report. I possess Nota Bene but have
never loaded it, having been told that it's "basically
XyWrite." Am I missing out?