Opinions on Presario laptop?

CompUSA was selling a Compaq Presario 2135US notebook for $800. It seems
like a good deal, and I'm planning to buy one. The sale ends Saturday.

There *shouldn't* be any problems running XyWrite 3.55 in the DOS window,
right? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Specs are 7.25 pounds, 15-inch display, 1.8GHz Celeron, 256MB memory, 30GB
hard drive, CD with 8X write, 24X write, DVD 8X, Windows XP Home Edition.
Requires external floppy disk for another $50. Hell, how much power do I
need for XyWrite?

This seems to be the best price/performance ratio around. J&R had a
substantially identical Presario 2100 for $950. Other laptops are over
$1,000. I did see some newspaper stories about how HP was introducing this
very aggressively priced laptop.

Anybody have any opinions?

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D