Re: SmartBoard okay

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Fri, 09 May
2003 12:48:23 -0400

> I tried issuing d lc= from the command line and it
> changed all the line-ending displays. Now I can vary that to
> check what's going on in my cutting and pasting.

Pasting from a DOS window under OS/2 produces the same unwanted
behavior that you're seeing under Windows. If default LC is set to
Ascii-12, there's an Ascii-12 in the pasted text ahead of each
newline (CrLf). If LC is set to Ascii-32, there's a space. And so
forth. These are not in the original text. The graphics-to-text
conversion required for cutting and pasting in a DOS window makes
these clipboard functions unreliable for critical operations like
ENCODE. Fiddling with default LC is no solution. Setting LC to the
null string might sound promising, but LC doesn't accept the null
string as a value. No, to get it right, you've got to paste from a
Windows screen or DOS full-screen (if you have Rexx). A DOS window
doesn't cut it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx