Re: CM line position in XyWin(was: Re: XyWrites 4 and 5)

In a communication earlier today on this topic, I mentioned in a P.S. that
I capitulate to Microsoft's hegemony and use MS Word for interfacing with
WinFax 4.0. Rene von Rentzell asked why I bother.

When I acquired my first (and still my only) fax/modem, I was unable to go
direct from XyWin to WinFax 4.0 successfully. I can't remember what the
problems were (this is going back 4-5 years) - I only recall that there
were problems (WinFax tech.support was distinctly unhelpful - not my first
or last experience of outsiders' unwillingness to acknowledge the existence
of XyWrite); I later adopted MSW so that I could get on with my life.
Incidentally, I also have various fonts which XyWin doesn't like, and I use
them on my HP 5L printer and in WinFax.

But I gladly admit that if I persevered I probably could make XyWin and
WinFax cooperate. Or take up another fax program; but who has time (or
money) to make software changes that aren't essential?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel