How get Xy to use network printer

I now have a printer that connects directly to the router, rather than
going to a computer to which the printer is attached.

I can't figure out how to map it to LPT3 for Xy's use.

NET USE doesn't seem to recognize printer. Tried all variant of:

NET USE LPT3 \\Brother

NET USE LPT3 \\192.168.2.5

I keep getting "system 67" error-- not found.
"Brother" is the name I see in the Properties for the printer. I have the IP address right--got it from what the router shows on that pseudo web page of its settings. I also tried using BRN010CA6, which the Router has as "Host Name" for the printer. Nothing works.

Of course, I've had lots of flakiness with NET USE before.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx