Re: Use ENTER instead of helpkey

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 27 Sep
2009 13:15:54 -0400

> A year ago, Carl developed a frame, $X, that allows activating
> U2 frames with the Enter key, rather than needing a separate,
> assigned .
> Now after a year of use, I regard such a program (in whichever
> version) as a can't-do-without.

What are the differences, or advantages, of your version? You never
say.

Also, to the extent that your mod depends on your private external
frame HBCD, it may not work for anyone who doesn't have that
additional frame. You don't include it. And if even you did include
it, your mod still may not work for others if HBCD uses paths,
diretory names, etc., that are peculiar to your system.

> And here is a de minimis frame enables you to use ctrl-S to
> save, regardless of whether the file is a U2 file (in use) or
> not. Another thing you don't have to think about.

Your code assumes that XYWWWEB.U2 is the loaded U2 file, but the
user may have renamed it. Also, you need to take into account that
the user may be working on an editable *copy* of U2, not the loaded
U2 file itself. Here's my frame LHorSA; assign in KBD file with
nn=NOJM(,2,.,L,H,o,r,S,A,)

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
{{;5LHorSA}} LoadHelp if U2, else SAve [CLD][cr|lf]{002}{<}SV
99,Edit_Copy_of_U2_File{>}[JM_]2.RegData[Q2_]{<}IF{<}VA$FP{>}
==@upr({<}IS99{>})!{<}VA$FP{>}=={<}VA$U2{>}{>}[JM_]2.LH[Q2_]{
<}EX{>}{<}EI{>}{<}SV01,{>}[GT_]{<}GT01{>}[BX_]sa[Q2_]{002}[cr
|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

--