Re: is there any kind of 'break' in Xy?

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sun, 27 Sep 2009
19:50:24 +0100

Bill:

> But is there _anything_ you can do, as first aid, on the very
> few occasions when XyWrite crashes?

There are any number of strategies, which we can talk about -- only
later, as I have real work to do (alas). One option worth exploring
is Robert's Undo program, which works by creating multiple timed
backups. It gives you fine control over the timing of the backups
(and a superb multi-level UnDo|ReDo, which is great). Download it
here:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/UnDo.ZIP

> is there a way to find the location of your active settings.dfl
> file when you have forgotten where it is?

Command VA/NV $DL

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx