Re: KERNING

In 1989, I tried a whole slew of different Kerning kludges. The one you
suggest (assign an unused char to each individual kerning string) is
unfeasible, for me anyway, since I don't have more than a half dozen "unused"
chars. I ended up with a filed table of kerning strings and a nice routine for
sending embedded PI strings to the printer -- but then bumped up against the
five-string/line limit on PI strings! Which was quite unexpected, because (I
think) undocumented. A disappointment.

I take it that, to your knowledge, Xygnature has no Kerning?